Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Green Book


In my constant quest to become more environmentally responsible, I have made some small changes in my everyday life thanks to the easy tips in a great book. The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time by Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas Kostigen is full of smart and easy tips to change how much waste we create and energies we consume.
Some of my favorites:
Don't request an ATM receipt, save paper rolls and the trees
Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth
Place a bucket in the shower to catch the cold water when you turn it on. Use this water to water your plants.
Get rid of your answering machine and save energy.
Unplug your appliances when not in use, even when plugged in energy is being wasted.
In my house we have stopped using paper plates, paper cups and plastic utensils. I am slowly weeding out napkins and paper towels too. I also shop with reusable shopping bags and stores like Trader Joes enter you in contests for free groceries each time you use them.
Every small change means BIG results, join in and make a difference!
Check out the website at: http://www.readthegreenbook.com/

No comments: