Friday, April 25, 2008

Flash Back Friday #2

When Michael Jackson performed his song Billie Jean on the Motown 25 Special in 1983, he "moonwalked" across the stage and a dance craze began. After that legendary performance "moonwalking" became something my friends and I tried to do everywhere, on slick basement floors, in the grass fields at school, down the hallways of my junior high and at every school dance. For years after that performance, there was nothing bigger in the world than Michael Jackson. The video Thriller came out weeks later and music videos changed forever, 1983 was Jackson's year.
Here is a clip of the legendary Billie Jean performance. All these years later, I still catch my breath when he slides across the floor. The moves, the sequin socks, the 1 glove...
Enjoy.

No comments: