Monday, January 30, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
- Arcadian Books, 714 Orleans Street, The French Quarter
- Beckham's Book Store, 228 Decatur Street, The French Quarter
- Crescent City Books, 230 Chartres Street, The French Quarter
- Dauphine Street Books, 410 Dauphine Street, The French Quarter
- Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania Street, Garden District
- Librairie Books, 823 Chartres Street, The French Quarter
- Maple Street Used & Rare Books, 7523 Maple Street, Garden District
Monday, January 16, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
There is an article on the front page of today's Daily Herald about libraries and the resources and programs they offer for job seekers. I was interviewed for the article about the Job Seekers Series that I plan through a partnership with the Rotary Club of Arlington Heights.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
Welcome to 2012! I took a look at my Google Analytics account to see what my readers were checking out on Lively Librarian the most during 2011. Here are the 5 most visited posts in 2011.
- Living with Ghosts
- Why Date a Girl Who Reads
- Books by Katie Fforde
- How I became a Librarian (a blog entry from 2009)
- Books for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (a blog entry from 2008 and the most visited entry I've ever written)
So for 2012, I plan on blogging more on Lively Librarian, picking up the draft for a book I started writing in 2005 and work on that, submit papers on a variety of topics to international library conferences, take a class or 2 (hopefully 1 back at Oxford) and of course, travel more.
As always readers, thanks for following along, I love your comments, I love when people meet me at conferences or when I speak to groups and say, "You're the Lively Librarian". It's been a journey, looking forward to 2012. Happy New Year!