- Arcadian Books, 714 Orleans Street, The French Quarter
- Beckham's Book Store, 228 Decatur Street, The French Quarter
- Crescent City Books, 230 Chartres Street, The French Quarter
- Dauphine Street Books, 410 Dauphine Street, The French Quarter
- Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania Street, Garden District
- Librairie Books, 823 Chartres Street, The French Quarter
- Maple Street Used & Rare Books, 7523 Maple Street, Garden District
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Bookstores in New Orleans
Paul and I are back from 4 days in New Orleans and already missing the chicory coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde, the rooftop pool and views at the Omni Royal Orleans, the jazz at Fritzel's and playing pool at Molly's and Fahy's Pubs.
We spent our days wandering the French Quarter and Garden District and our evenings listening to music on Bourbon Street, enjoying cocktails in the Hotel Monteleone and the Ritz Carlton and indulging on Southern cooking at Stella and Muriel's.
During our ramblings we poked through dusty bookstores and an old carriage house behind a Garden District Library full of books and maps for a book sale. I bought 2 books, an 1897 edition of Amos Judd by J.A. Mitchell and a 1945 illustrated edition of The Sir Roger de Coverley Papers from The Spectator, London: 1711-1712.
If you are visiting New Orleans here is a list of bookstores to pay a visit too:
And don't miss the Friends of the New Orleans Public Library book sale every Wednesday and Saturday in the Carriage House behind the Latter Library Branch on St. Charles Avenue.