Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Awesome Idea

So my kid and I are addicted to the British sitcom Rosemary and Thyme, we try and watch one episode almost every evening. The show is silly and campy but combines so many of my favorite things, gorgeous locations around England, gardening and mysteries!
For more information, check out the shows website here: http://www.rosemaryandthyme.tv/
While we were watching an episode the other night, just as a character was murdered and the music swells my son says, "Mom wouldn't it be cool if theme music played in real life when something happened?" He starts humming a tune from a movie, "Like when the girl you like walks by..." He keeps humming. I thought it was a brilliant idea!
I love movie soundtracks, probably because certain songs remind me of my favorite movie scenes. Like Scarlett O'Hara raising her fist to the sky and proclaiming "I will never be hungry again" while the music rises. Other soundtracks I love, the Harry Potter movies, the Lord of the Rings trilogy soundtrack, the soundtrack from Conan the Barbarian, the 2005 Sense and Sensibility soundtrack and many others.
It got me to thinking what my personal life soundtrack would sound like. Sometimes I think it would be a combination of the "doo du du du doo doo" from "The Wizard of Oz" and the swelling piano solos from "The Piano". Here is one of my favorites:

What are your theme songs?

No comments: