Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Guardian Angels


After a lovely girls night on Friday I loaded the beagle in the car on Saturday morning and headed to Michigan for the long weekend. While on the Indiana Toll Road I hit some metal debris and my right rear tire was history. As I tried to find a safe spot on the side of the road I passed about half a dozen stranded cars who had also hit the debris and finally pulled in front of a huge semi tractor who had his emergency cones out. After a wasted call to Triple A I was going to attempt to change my own tire when the truck driver behind me walked up and asked me if I had a spare. When I showed him my jack and spare he changed my tire and gave me directions to the nearest TA truck stop to have it fixed. Daniel, the trucker from Nebraska, thank you. Not a lot of people would have helped me, I hope your lunch was good and the beer was cold.

That is the 2nd time a trucker has saved me from what could have been a disastrous situation. At 19 I was driving around Ohio looking at colleges when my engine started on fire late at night while driving in the middle of nowhere in a thunderstorm. I left the car on the side of the road and started hitchhiking because all I was thinking was to get to a public place. A trucker driving an empty car transporter pulled over and offered me a ride. There was no front passenger seat so he threw down a suitcase and gave me a towel to dry off. He took me to the nearest truck stop with a "Good luck little lady" and he was off. So to both my trucker Guardian Angels, thank you for being in the right place at the right time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's your good karma coming back around...