Friday, February 24, 2012

Flash Back Friday #50

Because my annual Oscar party is this Sunday, I thought today's Flash Back Friday should be a classic movie. Gone with the Wind (1939) was the first film to be nominated for more than 5 Academy Awards with 13 nominations and 10 wins. And yes Vivien Leigh won for Best Actress, so did Hattie McDaniel for Best Supporting Actress. The film also won Best Picture and Best Director.

This movie has been a favorite of my sister and I since we first saw it. I'm such a fan of the movie that for the 50th anniversary in 1989 I queued up outside the Music Box Theater in Chicago in minus 0 degrees for hours for the chance to see the movie in an old fashioned movie house. I can still remember the lines to get in the theater, it was worth it to watch the movie on the big screen.

Sister, when Paul and I come to stay at the mountain house to go skiing, let's have a Gone with the Wind night. I'm thinking a Southern dinner during intermission!

Enjoy and don't forget to watch the Oscars readers.

A favorite scene, "You need kissing...badly, that's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often and by someone who knows how..."

No comments: