Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Momma Mia

So my mom left today after a lovely visit and I miss her already. She flew in for a nice long girls weekend and we had the best time just being together. My mother is the coolest person I know, she's a mom, wife, sister, Nana, world traveler, retired teacher, certified diver, social group president and so happy and fulfilled in her life she inspires everyone who knows her. Many women have such complicated relationships with their moms, I'm glad ours is so effortless. In honor of her I have compiled a list of some of my favorite "mom related" books, websites and movies.
Books:
Little Women by Louise May Alcott (the classic mother daughter book)
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (a book about women)

Blog:
Mother Daughter Book Club

Website:
MotherVerse

Movies:
Meet Me In St. Louis
This Judy Garland film is one of my Mom's favorites, a story about family, sisters and her hometown of St. Louis

Forrest Gump
When Mama Gump tells Forrest he is no different than anyone else we believe her. Life is like a box of chocolates...

No comments: