Friday, January 18, 2008

Favorite songs

"My song", the one song that I think defines me is "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel. I've probably heard it, played it and sung it thousands of times and it still moves me. I've wondered why...is it the melody, the lyrics, his voice?
There are other songs I just can't hear enough of including:
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult
"Love & Anger" by Kate Bush
"Limelight" by Rush
"Sister Golden Hair" by America
"In a Big Country" by Big Country
"One Tree Hill" by U2
"Games People Play" by The Alan Parsons Project
"Another White Dash" by Butterfly Boucher
"Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell
"Golden Brown" by The Stranglers
"Missing" by Everything But The Girl
"Shut Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol
"I Miss You" by Blink-182

Some songs I just wait for my favorite lyrics like:
"I know what makes me comfortable
And I know what makes me tick
And when I need to get my way
I know how to pour it on thick" by LeAnn Rimes in "What I cannot change"
and
"Thank you for waiting through my lovers
Knowing we could come home to each other" by Paula Cole in "I believe in love"
Why do you love your favorite song? Lyrics, artist, melody?
Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel

No comments: