Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year


As we drove back to the lake house from skiing last night, we passed remote cabins, trailers and farmhouses, windows ablaze with lights, families and friends home for New Years Eve. At the ski resort, there were parties, a teen dance and much drinking and celebrating but after a long day of skiing and snowboarding, we couldn't wait to hit the hot tub and just soak our tired muscles. The skiing is excellent, I had forgotten how much I love it and am enjoying it even more with my husband who is really the best skier I have ever seen. My son is enjoying snowboarding and later today some snowmobiling. My husband and I will do some snowboarding with him today and tomorrow.
Wherever you spent New Years Eve last night, whether at home or a party, I hope you spent it as contently.

No comments: