Sunday, January 6, 2008

Best of 2007

Almost a week into 2008 I thought I would look back on my Best of 2007. This list won't be a CNN style look at politics and scandal, just the best of the year in my life.
1. Lasik Eye Surgery (my eyesight is now better than 20/20, I practically have x-ray vision)
2. Travel (the opportunity and freedom to explore the world is a privilege, the more I travel, the more I realize that. My first blog was my travel blog which you can check out here http://bookoftravel.blogspot.com/)
3. Amy Winehouse (Her Back to Black album is my favorite release of the year, I can't get enough of her sound. Aside from her trainwreck life being played out in the England rags, she is truly the most gifted singer I've heard since Eva Cassidy. Listen to Tears Dry on Their Own, fantastic song)
4. Yoko and John: A New York Love Story, Allan Tannenbaum's new book with pictures of their last days together. Haunting, sad, erotic and timeless.
5. Gardening (when my husband and I bought our house in 2006 we inherited an overgrown English garden and not a blade of grass. The previous owners were professional gardeners and had covered every inch of our large lot with annuals, perennials and fruit and vegetable beds. We've transformed our yard into an oasis and I've enjoyed growing organic including peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, chives, St. John's wort, oregano, parsley, basil, curry leaves and lots of raspberries)
6. The continuing ease of eating vegetarian (the days of asking for all my meals made without animal products is over, almost everywhere I go there is a vegetarian option on the menu)
7. The trend to Go Green (it's gone mainstream, thank goodness)
8. Soldiers Serving Their Country, war affects us all (http://www.warnewsradio.org/)
9. YouTube (things I've never seen before and things I'm happy to see again)
10. Dane Cook (nobody makes me laugh like Dane Cook, crude, hysterical, and brutally honest. Date at the Movies is my favorite, but here is his Kool Aid clip)

No comments: