Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Walking the Runway


A few months ago I spotted a notice in my weekly online American Libraries Direct about a fashion show at ALA in Chicago this summer about what TO wear. ALA's YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) was looking for librarians who could demonstrate how to dress professionally and stylishly while staying affordable. So I recruited my son, handed him my Flip video camera and he shot a short video application of me giving shopping and wardrobe tips while pulling outfits and accessories out of my closet. Last week I found out I'd been chosen for the show so during ALA's annual conference this summer I will be walking the runway with other librarians. The show will be hosted by Steven Rosengard from Season 4 of Project Runway on Friday July 10 from 5-7. If you are attending ALA in Chicago this summer, stop by and watch me and other librarians blow the stereotype of hair in a bun, frumpy clothes and glasses away.

No comments: