Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ahhh more books to read


A couple of times a month the magazine Publisher's Weekly crosses my desk and I blissfully devour the pages from cover to cover. Technically I use PW as a tool for collection development at my library (I order all large print, science fiction, fantasy and reference) but it's surprisingly turned into a can't miss for my personal "have-to-read-list".
I happily browse through the reviews sections and after I've ordered books for the library I start my hold list in the catalog for my personal reading. My favorite review sections are non-fiction and lifestyle and usually find about half a dozen books I just have to read. In the March 23rd issue I found gems like, Field Days: A Year of Farming, Eating and Drinking Wine in California as well as Eat My Globe: One Year to Go Everywhere and Eat Everything and The Big Picture: Lessons from a Life on the Set and Swimming with Piranhas at Feeding Time: My life Doing Dumb Stuff with Animals. I also enjoy the Q&A sessions which highlight an author and the links to Recently Reviewed Online at www.publishersweekly.com
If you are looking for a terrific resource on what to read next, check out the magazine or drop by their website and browse.

No comments: