Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fabulous Finds


I thought I would share a few of my fabulous finds for the week.
I've always been a smart shopper and since I was a teen I've been a big resale shopper. While growing up, my paternal Grandmother lived near our summer home in Gulfport Florida. Weekly we would take a shopping trip to a resale shop that benefited the Tampa Bay area Kidney Foundation. My chic Grandmother always called her resale finds "Kennedy Fashions" (a play off KF), hiding the fact that her great style was second hand. Even after her death in 1991 I continued to visit Kennedy Fashions on my visits to Florida until it shut down in the late 90's. Over the years I found amazing leather jackets, suede pants, trench coats, high boots, bargain jewelry and little used leather bags. Never underestimate what Seniors have in the back of their closets and when they move to warmer weather they donate most of it! Buying resale is truly the original "Green" way to shop.
I am still a big resale shopper and have my favorite stores around Chicago. A little storefront in my hometown has the most beautiful designer clothes, bags and shoes and I try and visit at least once a month. Last week I popped in and got the most gorgeous wine colored leather bag for $65. After doing a little research it turns out my fabulous find is a Francesco Biasia Italian bag originally worth over $300, and it's brand new! Steal!
Also while visiting the discount store Marshall's a few weeks ago I spotted a gorgeous creme colored leather bag by Michael Kors! Seriously, it's stunning and with the original price of almost $400, I bought it for less than half that price!Bargain!
So Go Green, visit resale and invest in items that will last, maybe not the latest toss-out-trends, but good pieces you can have for years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resale shopping is a great idea considering the global crisis.

After all, one doesn't necessarily need to wear or carry expensive items. How you project yourself will determine your personality.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! BTW beautiful designs on your website.