Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did you watch the DNC?


I enjoyed last nights coverage (on multiple channels CNN, MSNBC, PBS...) of the Democratic National Convention from Denver.
I have to admit Ken Burns video tribute to Edward Kennedy moved me to tears. Watching Ted Kennedy give what is likely his last speech at a convention also moved me. But it was Michelle Obama who impressed me the most. Well spoken, intelligent and incredibly dedicated to her family and her country watching Michelle's speech was worth the ridiculously long "musical interludes" that I swear were longer and more frequent than the intermission in Gone with the Wind. Michelle was inspiring, funny, humble, fiercely loyal and just fascinating to watch. If you aren't a fan of this remarkable woman then get on Youtube and watch her speech.
I'm looking forward to Hillary tonight, should be a loud crowd when she takes the stage.

No comments: