Monday, February 25, 2008

Travel on my mind

So I booked a trip to Ireland this morning. It was such a great deal, and surprisingly in the SUMMER, I just couldn't pass it up. Tom and I were in Ireland in October of 2006 and traveled throughout the East coast of the island so this time we are flying into Shannon and focusing on the West coast from the Dingle Peninsula to the Aran Islands and Galway. The best part, Tom and I are traveling with my son, my parents and 2 other couples for their first trip to the Emerald Isle. It's time to refresh the delights of Ireland's West coast so I am happily reading some of my favorite travel books.
DK's Ireland

Lonely Planet Ireland

Let's Go Ireland





I love travel books and am happily researching Ireland as well as Germany for my September trip to Octoberfest.
I'm flying to Punta Gorda Florida next week for a girls week with my mom, we're going to plan our Ireland trip, swim in her pool, hit the beach and bring flowers to my Grandparent's graves in my hometown of Gulfport. I can't wait to walk the streets and the beach of one of my favorite places in the world. Hopefully I can also play in my step dad's new RV, just like the Griswald's!

No comments: