Thursday, June 12, 2008

WAG Wedding


I love English football and follow not only my favorite teams (Manchester United and Celtic F.C.)but my favorite WAGS (Wives and Girlfriends of Sportsmen) of the players.
Today in Portofino Italy, Wayne Rooney, Striker for Manchester United, married his longtime girlfriend Coleen McLoughlin. Together since they were 16, Wayne likes hookers and Coleen likes shopping and together they are fantastic fodder for the rags. Besides the Beckhams they are my favorite football couple.
They married in a small ceremony in Italy but are splashing out on a celebration aboard a yacht that is costing them more than the record breaking deal they got to share their wedding with a British tabloid. Last I read it was in the range of 2 million pounds.
I visited the area they were married on my trip to Italy last October and they picked a gorgeous place to marry. Now I can't wait to read about the rest of their married life, which in the English world of football is about as long as a game.

No comments: