Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Do You Believe in True Love?


So I consider myself a "romantic realist". I am a sucker for romance books and love a good chick flick but I take a very realistic approach to love in real life.
Last night I watched a major girly film, P.S. I Love You. Having read the book I knew what I was in for, a total sob fest, and although the film was wildly different from the book, the basic idea of the main 2 characters stayed the same. Home alone, I cried through most of the film, very cathartic really.
Then I was up most of the night, couldn't sleep. Wondering about true love and love at first site. I'm not a believer in it, I've never had it happen to me and I've yet to meet a person who has experienced and remained with their "soul mate". But I find it interesting that my favorite genre is romance and my favorite vacation is the fantasy of Disney World, but I'm not a believer in the fantasy of 2 people meant for each other. Maybe I'm a "romance hoper".

No comments: