Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fun Way to Stay Fit


Last evening I hosted a bellydancing party in my backyard. My friend Jenny who is a dance teacher and performer taught us a bit of background on the middle eastern style of dance and showed us some of the basic moves. It was a fantastic workout and a ton of fun. I'm sure my neighbors will be asking me for weeks what all the women were doing throwing scarves around, shaking their hips and laughing in my yard.
The dance style has become a popular form of fitness and there are classes offered through many park districts and dance schools. My library system has multiple books and DVD's on getting in shape by bellydancing and there are many websites devoted to the style.
For more information on Jenny's teachings, visit her site at:
http://www.namastedance.com/

No comments: