Friday, April 22, 2011

Change


"There is nothing wrong with change if it is in the right direction." Winston Churchill

It's been a year of great change personally and now professionally. After 6 years at the library where I began my career I have accepted a position with my hometown library. In May I begin working at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, one of the finest libraries in Illinois. To say that I am excited is an understatement. The opportunity to work at a Library of such excellence, the Library where I've been roaming the stacks since I was a little girl is amazing.
I'm looking forward to working with the community and for the opportunities to learn and collaborate with the team at AHML.

With the excitement that comes along with change I am also deeply saddened to leave my current Library. My colleagues are more than co-workers, they are friends who have supported me through 5 years of library graduate school, my marriage, divorce, happiness and tragedy. I also have special relationships with our patrons. I will miss them and their inquisitive questions either at the reference desk or in my computer classes. The relationships will remain, gladly so as we will only be separated by 2 miles. So... now I begin the transition from one job to another.

Keep reading readers, you know I will share the experience. And thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: