Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday 5 List #9


Since Christmas is a few days away I thought I would share my favorite Christmas memories.

  1. Brunch. Christmas morning brunch is a big thing in my family. From age 8-18 I spent every Christmas at our vacation home in Florida. Christmas morning would consist of hanging out with family who were in to visit, eating lots of quiche made by my Mom, gorging on Jolly Biscuit Roll made by my Grandma and walks to the beach. Sometimes we even went to "The Pink Castle" to watch the sunset. Perfect.
  2. My Kid's first Christmas-1993. He was 6 months old. He slept a lot. There is nothing like snuggling with an infant on Christmas morning. Warm, peaceful, happy and surrounded by family.
  3. New Orleans. Christmas 1996. A boyfriend and I stayed at a hotel on Bourbon Street. We spent an evening singing Christmas carols in Jackson Square under the lights from The Saint Louis Cathedral while holding candles that dripped onto paper sleeves to catch the wax. We drank a lot and celebrated with friends. The next day we drove to Florida and stayed at a hotel on the beach, Christmas Eve in a hot tub. Good times.
  4. Christmas 2002. With my family in Florida. My 90 year old Grandfather's last Christmas. Precious, precious memories.
  5. Feast of the 7 Fishes. I first enjoyed this celebration with my 1st husband who's family was Sicilian. Massive amounts of seafood on Christmas Eve=my idea of heaven. Since my wonderful Uncle Vinny (an Italian from Brooklyn NY) married my Aunt Kim a few years ago we have enjoyed this tradition with my family. Uncle Vinny makes unbelievably delicious crab and lobster every Christmas Eve. I look forward to overeating seafood this Friday at my Mom's home in Florida, Uncle Vinny has his work cut out for him trying to feed my 6'6 son and hopefully recreating my soon to be ex-husband's famous garlic shrimp recipe.
Wherever you are, whatever you do this Christmas and Holiday season, be well readers.

No comments: