Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday 5-List #3

Monday, again.

Here is this week's list, my top 5 restaurants/dining experiences. Sure, sure next week I will do a 5 list relating to books. But I'm hungry and going for Cuban food in a bit, so this week it's my fav restaurants.



1. Christini's Ristorante Italiano-Orlando. One of the best meals I've ever had. Rivals anything I tasted in Italy.
2. The Gage-Chicago. Hands down my favorite place to eat in Chicago. The curried mussels are amazing. I'm turning 40 next week and this is where I chose to celebrate. Owner Billy is an Irishman so drinks are tops and the atmosphere is friendly and upscale.
3. Charlie Trotter's-Chicago. Enjoyed a private dinner in the kitchen. I've never eaten so much in my life. I think we had 12 courses with a different bottle of wine for each course. Ya some of the food was weird and had more legs than a spider, but I enjoyed every bite. Just eat...don't ask.
4. Aqua-Mardavall Spa, Majorca, Spain.The most amazing pasta dish I've ever eaten. First they rolled out an enormous wheel of fresh cheese, hollowed out in the middle. Then they dropped hot pasta into the center of the cheese wheel, stirred it around to coat the pasta...and then they added white truffels. To. Die. For.
5. Bitter End Yacht Club-Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. Fresh lobster caught in the surf outside the restaurant. Rum. Enough said.

No comments: