Saturday, March 7, 2009

Yup there goes my tax refund...


So as many of you know from my previous posts, I am a shopper. An abiding love of shoes, coats and designer bags is my cross to bear. I'm not in the category of Rebecca the character in Confessions of a Shopaholic but like her I am lover of high quality but happily without ANY credit card debt (Rebecca's descent into debt is a large part of the book).
At my library I teach an online shopping course and many of the websites I show the patrons are great bargain shopping sites. I'm a bargain and comparision shopper and hate to pay full price although as my standards of quality go up alas...the opportunities to get a deal go down. I've definitely learned with quality you get what you pay for, so shop well.
I'm feeling frivilous and girly today so I'll share with you some of my favorite shopping (more like browsing) websites and the latest entries on my long-term-investment-shopping-wish-list.
Back in the 80's there was a fabulous flea market near my family's vacation home in Florida and it was a regular weekend destination. My favorite stalls were the high end designer knocks offs like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. I had copies of their bags through high school and college but it wasn't until I was much older that I could afford my first authentic bag.
On my first trip to Italy I dragged my husband through every Louis Vuitton store in Milan until I finally found the perfect bag and it was well worth the wait (no my husband does not pay for my shopping trips I just popped into shops inbetween grabbing a few beers with him). I'm currently adding a piece of their iconic luggage to my wish list (see the famous ad of Sean Connery on a beach in the Bahamas with a Louis Vuitton duffle)
To browse their website click here:
http://www.louisvuitton.com/
Oh boy, then there is Dior. I want a Lady Dior bag. I just do, no excuses. The fabulous new ad with Oscar winner Marion Cotillard hanging around on the Eiffle Tower with her Lady Dior practically makes me weep it's so perfect. Go ahead and take a glimpse here:
http://www.ladydior.com/
Who hasn't passed a Hermes boutique in a major international airport? Sure I browse but I have yet to buy one of their classic scarves. Their website is quirky and fun to browse and one day I will find the perfect scarf and commit. Don't even get me started on Hermes Birkin bags, I will have one someday but until then reading books like Bringing Home the Birkin will have to do.
For a lovely look go here: http://www.hermes.com/
The iconic and classic Burberry is a favorite indulgence, who hasn't envied the perfectly cut trench cut. So London. For a peek: http://www.burberry.com/
And then there is Jimmy Choo. Just holding a pair of stilettos makes me shake. Crazy huh. To drool, click here: http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/Home.ice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perfect! i just added your may 5 program on consumer information to the RLA CE website!