Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who Watches Dr. Who


Ok so seriously I tried to watch the latest Dr. Who. After 15 years between Dr.s I netflixed Season 1 with Christopher Eccleston as the Dr. and the lovely Billie Piper as Rose (she is one of my favorite British actresses). My son and I sat down and barely got through the first episode. It was absolutely the dumbest crap I have seen in years. Because the preview for the 2nd episode looked interesting with all sorts of aliens, we sat through the 2nd episode and that was all we could handle. I love a good sci-fi, deranged madness type of show, but this was not only ridiculous but mind alteringly stupid. I returned the entire 1st season and am going to give it a try with the 2nd season when the Dr. is replaced by actor David Tennant.
I really wanted to like the new series because I was a big fan of previous Dr.s, especially Dr. #4 portrayed by Tom Baker (love the scarf)and I enjoyed the show in the 80's. I am a complete addict to British television series and regularly pop in a DVD of either: (click for more info on each show)
Rosemary and Thyme
Absolutely Fabulous (Edina & Patsy are 2 of the best characters EVER, I've been obsessed since college)
The Vicar of Dibley
Robin of Sherwood (my favorite series of all time)
We will see how the second season goes, but I am afraid my kid is turned off the Dr. for good....shame really.

No comments: