Thursday, October 30, 2008

Are you a Gamer?


My kid is and he's really good. Halo is his game of choice although a few days ago Fable II came out and he is completely obsessed with it. I have to say, I'm not a gamer, I have vertigo and when even a few seconds of my visual sight is distorted I get ill. But I sat through 15 minutes of Fable II and it is absolutely amazing. My son was exploring the World of Albion and was wandering through every pub, shack, store and castle in a pirate town with his faithful dog at his side. Watching the amazing graphics and listening to the interactive characters was unbelievable and didn't produce more than a headache for me. WHOHOO. Makes me wish I could play without vomiting, but whatever.
Gaming is becoming very popular at libraries, watch this quick clip of a Chicago area library that hosts gaming tournaments.
http://alfocus.ala.org/videos/gaming-oak-park-public-library

No comments: