Thursday, July 3, 2008

Road Trip and Audio Books


I'm leaving tonight to drive to Door County Wisconsin to spend the 4th weekend with my friends Kathy and Thom at their farm house.
Road trips for me are about stocking up on snacks, taking some left over takeout in a tupperware container to eat on the road and listening to audio books. Usually when driving to our boat in Michigan I take a couple of audio books for the road and can get through a few discs once I turn off AM radio after leaving Chicago. Tonights drive is an hour or so longer and I'm hoping to get through a complete book.
Last road trip I listened to Austenland by Shannon Hale which was one of the better audio books I've listened too. I prefer a narrator who can distinquish the characters by different voices and those with female readers for romances. For tonight's trip I have, Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, The Devil Wears Prada and Angels and Demons. I have listened to The DaVinci Code on audio and loved it and am hoping Angels and Demons is as good or better.
My all time favorite audio books are the Harry Potter's. Jim Dale has been the reader throughout the series and I have never heard a better audio reader. He manages different voices for hundreds of characters and you can distinguish each one as easily as watching different actors in the films. Brilliant!

No comments: