Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Ever Happened to...Something Happens


My friend Carey in California emailed me a photo he had taken of me and 2 girls (long ago forgotten) in my college dorm room circa 1990/1991. Behind me on the wall is a poster of a band I was all groupied about, Something Happens. They were an Irish band that had a few big hits in the late 80's and early 90's and I saw them play at numerous colleges throughout Ohio. Accessible, fun and riotous shows made for the perfect college tour and that the members were cute with Irish accents didn't hurt. I still have their CD Stuck Together With God's Glue and when I hunted for it the other evening, found it with other college era CDs, sticky case and dog-eared insert.
I googled the band to find out what ever happened to them and surprisingly found that although they disbanded over a decade ago, they have a MySpace page complete with videos and songs of their biggest hits. You can check them out here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=80777223
To read about the band check out their Wikipedia page at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Happens_(band)
The lead singer Tom Dunne has a very successful radio career on an Irish pop station and according to the web news, the band occasionally will play a show to packed crowds. Their songs, "Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello" and "Parachute" are still some of the catchiest tunes to sing along too.

No comments: