Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Exhibits at Chicago Museums

(aerial picture of Chicago's lakefront Museum Campus)



Chicago summers are one of the main reasons residents endure 6 months of Chicago winters. The lakefront, festivals, street fairs, concerts, the Taste of Chicago, Millennium Park, Cubs games, boating and the Museum Campus are just a few examples of all that the City has to offer.
Two of my favorite museums have opened new exhibits for the summer and I plan on visiting as soon as I can.
When my son and I lived in Chicago, the Museum of Science and Industry was a monthly visit for us and it remains one of my favorite places to explore. The newest exhibit is Smart Home: Green and Wired, a 2500 square foot "green home" that has been built on the Museum's grounds. Described as a celebration of "exciting new directions in sustainable living and spectacular, environmentally-friendly technology". For more information, check out the Museums' website here: http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/smart-home/
Another of my favorite museums, The Field Museum has opened the new exhibit Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns and Mermaids which features life size replicas and preserved specimens of creatures such as the giant squid and the "Feejee mermaid". For more information check out the Museum's website at: http://www.fieldmuseum.org/mythiccreatures/

No comments: