Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Local Theater


Since becoming involved in the arts in high school and majoring in theater in college, I have loved live productions. I enjoyed acting classes throughout my 20's but now I prefer to watch from the audience and living in a cultural mecca like Chicago is fantastic. My friend Jessica is often my date for local theater nights and in the past few years we have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of local productions. We have enjoyed the Chicago Symphony, Broadway shows, the Ballet and lately some great improv, (of which Chicago is famous) Second City's Dysfunctional Holiday Review.
2008 appears to have some great lineups at both the professional and non professional theaters. This month I am seeing:
Aqui Estoy at the Albany Park Theater Project
February I will see:
Shining City at the Goodman
March will bring a production of Little Women starring my dear friend Rana as Jo.
Support your local theaters and enjoy the passion of the writers, the actors and the crew.

No comments: