Thursday, January 24, 2008

Book Marks


I process more than a hundred books a day and have run across all sorts of things people have used as bookmarks and left behind.
Some of the items I've found:
airline ticket stubs
business cards
coupons
photographs
prescriptions
to-do lists
newspaper articles
leaves
receipts
money
string
This morning in a health book was a laminated card titled Morning Mental Warm-Up with a list of thought provoking reminders.

I will win. Why? I'll tell you why--because I have faith, courage and enthusiasm.
Today, I'll meet the right people in the right place at the right time for the betterment of all.
I see opportunity in every challenge.
I'm terrific at remembering names.
When I fail, I look at what I did right, not at what I did wrong.
I have clearly defined goals.
I never take advice from anyone more messed up than I am.
I never let a negative thought enter my head.
I am a winner, a contributor, an achiever.
I believe in me.

This may be the most useful and interesting thing I have found in a book yet.

No comments: