Gift Ideas for the Book Lover in Your Life
- Book Light-a must have for every reader. Wake up in the middle of the night and want to read without disturbing your sleeping partner? Reading on the plane, train etc? Here are 2 book lights I've used: the Fulcrum Multi-Flex task light for under $10 and the Zelco "Itty Bitty" slim booklight for just under $30. Book lights are also a must have for travel.
- An e-Reader. You've heard about them. The Amazon Kindle, the Nook etc. I sure wish I'd had one during my 22 hour travel day last week. Pros: dozens of books at your fingertips, slim and light design. Cons: some still don't have wi-fi and come on... how are some of these machines not supporting color graphics and pictures? Do your research, start with this article, The Best e-Readers Compared.
- Book cover/carrier/bookmark in one. I have had one of these cloth paperback book covers for years. It's practically a rag but I use it on every paperback I read and have traveled with it throughout the US and Europe. For the paper back romance reader in your life, this is a MUST HAVE. You can find them for sale with various sellers on Etsy. Here is one similar to mine.
- Garden Art. For your book lover who gardens, why not some art for their garden. My favorite is the Savannah Bird Girl statue from the cover of the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Other ideas include rocks with a favorite quote painted or carved on and small figurines like Beatrice Potter's animals.
- Reading Gift Bag. Have an empty basket laying around or a pretty book bag? Put together a book lover gift bag. Fill it with their favorite paperback or classic novel, book mark, warm throw blanket, slippers, bags of tea or hot chocolate, a reading light or film adaption of their favorite book.