Friday, March 2, 2012

Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film-A Must See

The winner of the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film was The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore from Moonbot Studios. This charming movie is a little bit Wizard of Oz, a little bit of a fairy tale, a little bit of my childhood fantasy that books are alive all set within the magical settings of New Orleans, the countryside and an amazing library. My favorite part...the woman who visits the library all grey and sad, and walks away with a book in vibrant color. Stunning.

Absolutely one of the most marvelous and touching movies I've ever seen. I'll admit, I sobbed and sobbed at the end. Watch it and share it. "Books are alive when you read them."

And don't forget to vote for my blog, you have until March 6, the badge for Most Fascinating Librarian blog is on my homepage. Thanks!

No comments: