Monday, April 5, 2010

It's Monday so how about some album cover art?

The first song I heard this morning was Escape (aka The Pina Colada song) by Rubert Holmes. Or as my Kid calls it "That song from Shrek".

I think the album cover that shows up on my iPod for this song is perfect for the 70's era. Makes me smile every time.

This got me to thinking about album cover art and I started to flip through my music, here is a selection of the stranger ones in my collection.

Pina Colado Song from an album of number 1 hits from the 1970's:


I'm a little in love with Kate Bush. Why you ask...a haunting voice, amazing lyrics and then you have an album cover like this...enough said.


Those Wilson sisters can rock. I love Heart, especially the Renaissance Faire cover from the album Little Queen. This album is so fantastic I had to include the front and back. I love that they are primping in front of a goat. Makes perfect sense.



One of my favorite songs of all time, Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. Perfect album art work obviously:


Throwing Copper by Live. Weird, like some of the art hanging in the Art Institute that I just don't get:


Diana Ross, the woman was an original. Pearls, fake tiger. Cool.


If you have any suggestions for great, odd or just plain wrong album cover art work, leave a comment.

No comments: