Thursday, September 4, 2008

Losing my mind and...

hopefully my "wobbly bits" (in the words of Bridget Jones).
This morning I signed up to work with a personal trainer 2x a week starting next week. Over the last 3 years I have completed a 6 month boot camp class, worked with a female personal trainer for a few months in 2006 and tried various yoga and pilates studios, but I still haven't built up my cardio. Until I met Troy today. Troy is my fitness Master for the next 6 weeks. Not needing to lose weight my trainer will instead teach me how to increase my endurance, flexibility and strength and to maintain my fitness goals. My biggest goal is to enter my first mini triathlon next summer (1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run).
Each day I have to write down everything I eat and drink and try to finish 4 liters of water a day! I will have to live vicariously through my Bridget Jones' DVDs for awhile.

Mark Darcy: (Bridget gets out of bed covered in a sheet and begins to fumble around) "What on Earth are you doing?"
Bridget Jones: "Getting dressed."
Mark Darcy: "Why're you dancing around in that tent business?"
Bridget Jones: "Because I don't want you to see any of my wobbly bits."
Mark Darcy: "Well now that's a bit pointless isn't it. As I happen to have a very high regard for your wobbly bits. In all circumstances."
Bridget Jones: (Bridget's head emerges from the sheet) "Really?"
Mark Darcy: "Absolutely. I think it's high time we had another look."
(Bridget drops the sheet on the floor)

No comments: