Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feeling Thankful


Turn on the news lately? Read a paper? Listened to the radio? Wondering if it is all doom and gloom? I have...
Then I read a touching personal story or hear of a remarkable human being or watch a video of extraordinary animals (love the ones where animals adopt other animals) and I step away from the sadness and anger for a minute.
So I started writing down the things I am thankful for today and thought I would share a few, you should do the same it keeps things in perspective.

I am thankful for:
My family
My health
The health of my family and friends
My friends
My job (in one of the last "free" environments..need a book, a music cd, a movie...then go to the library...an original reuse and recycle environment)
That I have no credit card debt, ZERO, ZIP, NADA. I'm not part of that problem.
My smart financial adviser and my equally smart lawyer. Planning ahead equals piece of mind.
Independence. One of my greatest strengths and something I rely on in tough times.
My freedom

So turn off the news, stay away from CNN and find something positive today. It shouldn't be hard.

No comments: