Friday, July 13, 2012

Flash Back Friday #53-An Affair to Remember

I've been working on launching my vintage store on Etsy and hope to have it open next week. Between uploading the images of the items I will be selling, researching prices and writing descriptions, I've been looking for vintage inspiration for the logo for my store. As I'm working on it I find inspiration in the style of classic films such as the 1957 movie An Affair to Remember.

A few of my favorite things about this wonderful movie:

  • The simple scarves Deborah Kerr wears around her hair
  • Belted dresses
  • Dressing formally for dinner
  • The beautiful gardens of the grandmother of Cary Grant's character 
  • The romance of travel
  •  Midcentury furniture
  • Finding true love later in life
  • Pink champagne
Here is a clip, enjoy and have a nice weekend readers!

No comments: