Friday, July 2, 2010

Flash Back Friday #40

Right now my life is changing and to all those who read my blog, whether you are friends or strangers, I'm glad you are here.

This isn't really a flash back but to me this song perfectly describes a life you leave behind.

Enjoy, Peter Bradley Adam singing The Longer I Run.

Here are the lyrics:
When my blood runs warm with the warm red wine, I missed the life that I left behind.
And when I hear the sound of the black bird's cry, I know I left in the nick of time.
Well this road I'm on is gonna turn to sand, and leave me lost in a far off land.
So let me ride the wind till I don't look back, and forget the life that I almost had.

If I wander till I die may I know whose hand I'm in.
If my home I'll never find and let me live again.
The longer I run then the less that I find, selling my soul for a nickel and dime, breaking my heart to keep singing these rhymes, losing again.

Tell my brother please not to look for me. I ain't the man that I used to be.
Cause if my savior comes could you let him know. I've gone away forward to save my soul.

No comments: