Monday, October 29, 2012

More Goodies from Auction


Over the weekend I bid on a selection of books at a local Library book sale. I had the winning bid and went home with a wonderful selection of old children's books. Here are a few of the titles that I've added to my collection, all are in excellent condition considering their age.

  • A Treasury of Heroes and Heroines by Clayton Edwards, 1920 edition
  • The Boys King Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory, 1922 edition
  • Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates by Howard Pyle, 1921 edition
  • Alice in Wonderland by Louis Carroll, 1932 edition
Two of the books in the collection include illustrations by the amazing illustrator Louis Rhead, those titles are:
  • Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, 1913 edition
  • The Arabian Nights Entertainments, 1916 edition 
A few of the titles are duplicates of books I bought at an earlier auction this year so I will be listing those books for sale on my Etsy store, Lively Vintage. All of the books are wonderful classic stories that I plan on reading and sharing with my loved ones and one day move into our dream home library. Stories of pirates, magical lands and true love to read in my library with walls of books and ladders to reach high shelves, comfy leather chairs and a fireplace to read in front of. 

No comments: