Friday, May 4, 2012

What I'm Reading This Week...

I am reading a great book, Dressing Marilyn: How a Hollywood Icon Was Styled by William Travilla, written by Andrew Hansford. Fans of Marilyn Monroe, her style, movie costumes or anyone who loves the image of her in the famous white dress that blows up over the subway grate will enjoy this book.  My favorite image is a simple one, a black and white shot of Travilla's workroom and Marilyn Monroe's dress form/mannequin with her name written on it. It highlights her generous curves, so iconic of the 50's and so much sexier then the stick figure celebrities of today.

I am leaving for a return trip to New Orleans this weekend for a little fun at jazz fest and more delights of the Big Easy with Paul and our friends, then we go directly to Los Angeles for a special occasion and more fun in the sun. The Marilyn Monroe book is a little too big to throw in my bag for my travels so I'm taking my Nook Color e-reader (and the 650+ books I have on it) to read on the plane and by the pool. I'll update when I get back in mid May.


No comments: