Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home Sick in Narnia

Chicago is Narnia, thanks to the White Witch weather effect the City is a land of ice and snow. Figures in the midst of all the winter misery I am fighting a cold. Honestly I would welcome some rain, anything but more snow.

So on my 3rd day hopping from my bed to the sofa and back again I thought I would venture back on the web to reconnect with the world. Apparently I am not the only one fighting illness right now according to the status updates by dozens of my friends on Facebook. So readers when you are sick do you hunker down at home and hibernate or do you push through and get on with the daily grind?

I'm a hibernator and here are my creature comforts:
  • Chamomile tea or Earl Grey tea with soy milk (so soothing and mild)
  • My Nook Color (I LOVE this e-reader/tablet. I have over 630 books on mine and when I'm not reading in bed I'm browsing my favorite websites or reading magazines on the fantastic color screen)
  • Indian food (I don't have much of an appetite, 1 meal a day is about all I could do until today but my go-to food when I have a cold is spicy Indian food. Hot, delicious and perfect food for a cold night)
  • Gatorade (Red-fruit punch Gatorade is my fav drink when I am tired, sick or dehydrated. I enjoy it so much that when I was in labor with my son 18 years ago a bottle of Gatorade was my focal point during contractions since all I could have was ice chips)
  • My new iPhone from Verizon. (Yes I was one of the crazy people who pre-ordered the phone in the middle of the night last week, mine arrived on Monday. I have given up my beloved Blackberry for the iPhone and the last 2 days in bed have been the perfect time to play with this amazing little phone)
  • Budget Travel Magazine (Great destinations and travel tips, I've booked more than 1 vacation after falling in love with a locale featured in this magazine)
  • HGTV and the Travel Channel (love me some House Hunters International, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and The Antonio Project. That is pretty much all I ever watch on TV except late night reruns of South Park or Sex and the City, I don't watch any sitcoms or reality TV)
  • The Daily Mail (not much is better for a mindless read than London news and gossip)
  • Realtor.com (I'm looking for my next nest and this site is addictive)
  • My beagle (She is the perfect companion and keeps my feet warm in bed)
  • My Kid (He knows just how I like my cup of tea)
  • Vitamin C, Echinacea, Ibuprofen. (I hate taking medicine)
Stay healthy readers!

No comments: