Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm Going to Be 40

Or "Old" as my Kid likes to tell me. Tomorrow. 

It's been interesting to witness how my friends have celebrated their 40th birthdays over the years. Some have celebrated quietly with friends or family, others threw themselves extravagant parties, some were surprised with parties by their partner or spouse, and then there are those who wanted to be alone. However they've chosen to celebrate or hide from their day, we're all lucky to be here to see our 40th year.

I thought about writing about 40 lessons I've learned, or 40 things I want to accomplish in my life or 40 reminders that it's OK to start over at 40. But really I'm not up for self reflection right now.  My parent arrive tonight to spend a few days with me and I'm going to take it easy...visit my favorite restaurants, shop with my Mom, snuggle with my Kid, overeat, walk on the beach, drink French champagne and wonder what comes next.

So Cheers readers. I'm off for the next 4 days to celebrate life. All 40 years of it.

P.S. For a laugh, here is a picture taken of me celebrating at an early age.

No comments: