Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday 5 List #2

What amazes me this week:
  1. That inside my 6'5, 17 year old son I can still see glimpses of the boy who liked pirates and swords and playing with bugs. He likes pretty girls, fast cars and playing lacrosse now but sometimes he's just a little boy who needs his mom.
  2. That once in a while you run into someone from your past and the minute you see them, the time machine lands at your feet and you step inside. (I'm imagining the Tardis and the delicious new Dr. Who). It's usually a sentimental trip and one I'm happy to take but usually not one I'm interested in reliving.
  3. That macaroni and cheese is still the best comfort food, even if it is fancy mac and cheese from a Chicago restaurant.
  4. That leaving my window open just a crack at night will help me fall asleep just like it did when I was 10 years old. 
  5. That Diane Keaton's character had it exactly right in "Something's Gotta Give"
Jack Nicholson as Harry:
               "Will you tell me first why you only miss be married at night?"
Diane Keaton as Erica:
               "The phone doesn't ring that much at night. And the whole alone thing happens   at night. Sleeping by myself took some getting used to but I got the hang of it. You gotta sleep in the middle. It's not healthy to have a side when no one else has the other side."

No comments: