Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Book Review-Good Mood Food



My love of cookbooks is well documented on this blog. I've recently been enjoying a new favorite, Good Mood Food: Simple Healthy Homecooking by Donal Skehan. The book evolved from the blog Good Mood Food which was started by the author, a young Irish man in 2007. I love cookbooks which feature recipes made with simple fresh ingredients that don't require me to purchase expensive cooking utensils or bake wear. My favorite cookbooks also feature color photographs with each recipe. Good Mood Food checks all the boxes on my cookbook wish list.

I've made a number of the recipes in the book, of those I've tried, here are a few of my favorites:

Mushy Roast Garlic and Cherry Tomato Pasts (perfect for my abundance of summer tomatoes)
Caramelized Roast Vegetables (great with leftovers)
Tuna Nigiri (simple sushi)
Basil Sweetcorn (a great recipe for my summer garden basil)
Goat Cheese and Broccoli Pasta (a favorite of my Kid)
Hummus with a Kick (great for parties)
Avocado and Lime Salsa (refreshing and delicious)
Sesame Pasta Salad (my favorite for lunch)
Soft Boiled Egg with Home Fries (my Kid and I LOVE soft eggs for breakfast)
Homemade Nutty Breakfast Bars (better than the sugar packed granola from the store)

I haven't even listed all the yummy smoothie and dessert recipes! Bottom line: this book is good for your health and your pocketbook. Check it out at your local library, happy eating!

No comments: