Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things I Love

I am not a celebrator of the silliness that is Valentine's Day. But I do love to love.
So here is my list of things I love in random order. Obviously my list changes but many of these things are constant.

My Kid.
Books.
A hot spot on the hardwood floor where the sun shines in through the window.
Jewelry from a quarter machine my son bought me.
Traveling.
Bubble gum.
The musty watery smell on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World.
French fries.
Baume Du Jardiner Gardener's Hand Healer Lotion.
Nibbling on my niece Lily's sweet cheeks.
London.
A good stretch like a cat.
Sharp Scissors.
Those who notice the nervous child or the person who came to a party alone.
Those who do something about it.
My family.
HGTV.
Hugh Grant in 4 Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill and Bridget Jones. Just Hugh Grant really.
Gardening.
Cold Beer on a hot day.
My Peanuts gang pillowcase from the 70's.
Puppies.
Debating/fighting.
Chicago.
BBC 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice.
Fuzzy socks.
Sitting in a pub listening to Irish music
Scarves.
Getting an empty seat next to me on a flight.
Good bags.
Sitting on the bow of a boat as it races over the water.
Candles.
Compassion.
The ocean.
Hot fudge sundaes.
Gulfport Florida.
My friends.
Waking up and remembering it is a Saturday morning.
That 4 am light when I get up in the summer to let the dog out and the sun is just beginning to rise.
The smell of bus exhaust (reminds me of high school ski trips).
My beagle Eloise.
Lilacs.
My son's raggedy baby blanket.
My Grandparents.
The thought I haven't found IT yet.
Diamonds.
Stickers.
The monkey tree.
A bargain.
Nice teeth.
My first husband's nickname for me (ask me and I will tell you).
Cubs games at Wrigley Field.
Hotel bathroom soaps and shampoos.
When a man touches the small of my back as he waits for me to walk through a door.

What do you love?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hugh Grant is my secret favorite actor, especially Love, Actually.

Of course, when asked, I always say John Cusack is better.