Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post of 2009


Wow, here it is, my last post of 2009. It's been an amazing year and I've documented most of it here and I'm glad you've been a long for the ride. I'm planning on 2010 being full of adventure, major life changes, new friends and lots of laughs. Not to mention it will be the year I celebrate my 40th birthday...geez.

So for my last post I thought I would look back and share some thoughts and thanks.
  1. Oxford. What more can I say...life changing.
  2. Friends. New and old. Some naughty adventures, unplanned fun and lots and lots of wine.
  3. Wrinkles. I've got a few. Been a banner year for growing older, I hope I'm doing it gracefully.
  4. Travel. Florida, Colorado, California, England and more. I think I've been on a plane almost every month this year. Hopefully next year it's even more. If I'm going to grow old, I'd rather do it on the run.
  5. Magic. Late night parties, music, quiet cobblestone streets, nature. It's been a year of wonder.
  6. Opportunities. More than ever in my life, 2009 was the year I said yes to almost everything.
  7. Thanks to my Mom. Because she was there.
  8. Chances. I took more than I should, didn't always end up unscathed but always had something to blog about.
  9. The Kid. Mine. 6'5. Eating machine. Ups and downs and not just in his moods. I love him.
  10. Thank you Internet. For connecting me with friends on Facebook, authors on my blog and more.
For 2010 in the words of Coco Chanel:
"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone."


See you all in 2010! Thanks for reading!

Cheers, Shannon

No comments: