Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go Cubs


I'm heading to my first Cubs game of the season tonight and it's going to be a beautiful warm night for baseball. I enjoy baseball and like anyone who has seen a game at Wrigley Field there is nothing else like it. My sister-in-law Sharon was a devoted Cubs fan until her death in 2005 and I will happily snack on peanuts, drink beer and root for our home team as if she were sitting next to me.
Hopefully this year I will get to a few games a month, I've always been puzzled by the "Cub fans" in the Chicago area who are passionate about the team but don't go to Wrigley Field to watch them play. It's kinda like loving opera and never going to see a performance.
For more information on the Cubs, visit their official site here:
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=chc

No comments: