Monday, December 17, 2007

Latest Favorite Things

So with the stay-inside-in-front-of-the-fireplace weather we had this past weekend, I hibernated with my kid, ordered Chinese takeaway, did homework, wrapped presents, read and watched some great documentaries.
What we watched:

I can't decide which episode I love more. The episode Great Plains is comical, the Siberian Fox chasing the Pika makes me laugh out loud and the death of the polar bears in Ice Worlds makes me cry (much to the chagrin of my son). This gorgeous series is not to be missed, it is simply awe inspiring.
The book I immersed myself in is Women Who Write
Fantastic short biographies with beautiful pictures of some of the greatest female writers past and present.

Another favorite thing is the online version of the Evening Standard, I have been reading this London website on a daily basis for almost a decade and love the mix of news and British style tabloid rag.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/home/

No comments: